| General Information | Jeep Tours | Trekking |
The Manali to Baralacha-la trek, across Hampta pass Includes Kangra, Kulu & Ladakh
21 days trek tour with 09 days trekking, upto 4830 m
- By train to Amritsar, in the Punjab for 01 day to visit the Golden Temple.
- Drive to Dharamsala in Kangra Valley for 02 days, to explore Buddhist monasteries and institutions around the Dalai Lama's Headquarters.
- Drive to Palampur for 02 days exploration of tea gardens and temples
- Drive to Kulu Valley for 02 days at Manali
- 09 days trekking . From Manali cross over to Lahaul Valley via the Hampta Pass, 4330 m, along the traditional trade route to Lahaul. Continue to the Baralacha-la 4892 m. Forests, meadows, Alpine lakes, rivers, and stunning views of the worlds longest glacier - Bara Shigri , and the forbidding north face of the White Sail massif, 6446 m.
- 01 day to drive to Leh, in the Indus Valley across the 5360 m high Tanglang-la.
- 03 days exploring Leh and the Indus Valley in Ladakh.
- Fly back to Delhi from Leh.
Day 01: New Delhi to Amritsar by train. In the afternoon visit Golden Temple and bazars. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Drive 220 kms to Dharamsala/ Mcloadgunj in 05 hrs. Afternoon free to explore. Overnight at hotel. Room only plan.
Day 03: Dharamsala/Mcloadganj - visit Dalai Lama's residence, monastery and craft center. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04: Drive to Palampur. 45 kms in 02 hrs. Enroute visit Norbulingka Tibetan cultural center. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05: Palampur - Visit tea estate and factory and Chamunda Devi Temple. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06: Drive to Manali via Mandi and Kulu. 200 kms in 08 hrs. Overnight at hotel.
Day 07: A day to explore Manali, 2050 m. Overnight at hotel.
Day 08: Short drive to Prini, Trek 4-5 hrs through verdant forests, passing through Hampta village to the Sethen meadow, 2700 m. Overnight in camp.
Day 09: Trek to Chikka, high meadow at 3300 m, in 5-6 hrs through lovely Forests and flora. Overnight in camp.
Day 10: Chikka - acclimitization day. Short side trek. Overnight in camp.
Day 11: Trek via the Hampta pass, 4268 m to Chatru in Lahaul . Gruelling climb followed by sharp descent to 3560 m in 7-8 hrs. Sublime views. Lush green Kulu Valley with Deo Tibba, 6001 m, and Indersan, 6220 m, just south of the pass. Towards the North view of the endless moonscape of Lahaul. Overnight in camp.
Day 12: Drive 24 kms to Batal, 3960 m. Trek to Chandra Tal - the moon lake, at 4270 m. 7-8 hrs hard climb - but stunning views of the world's longest glacier, Bara shigri, and the awesome North face of the 6446 m high White Sail Massif. Overnight in camp.
Day 13: Chandra Tal - a day to acclimatize. Short side treks. Overnight in camp.
Day 14: Trek to Topko Gongma torrent at 4320 m. 5-6 hrs. Overnight in camp.
Day 15: Trek to Topko Yongma torrent at 4640 m. 5-6 hrs. Overnight in camp.
Day 16: Trek to Baralacha-la, 4830 m. 5-6 hrs. transfer to jeep and drive 32 kms along the highway to Sarchu, 4253 m. Overnight in camp.
Day 17: Drive to Leh 251 kms. 9-10 hrs The road crosses the Lachalang-la, 5065 m, with its incredible spine tingling 21 hair-pin bends, the Pang gorges, the More plains, 4703 m, and the 5360 m high Tanglang-la to descend into the Indus Valley at Upshi, 3384 m. Overnight at hotel.
Day 18: Leh - sightseeing around Leh. Hemis, Thiksey, Shey Gompas, and Stok Gompa & museum. Overnight at hotel.
Day 19: Drive to Alchi. Enroute river rafting in Indus. Overnight in hotel.
Day 20: Visit Alchi Monastery. Drive back to Leh, visiting Lakhir Monastery on the way. Overnight in hotel.
Day 21: Fly back to Delhi. Tour ends.
- Stay in first class hotels, and in tents on full board
- Drive in all weather non air conditioned jeeps/cars shared by 3-4 pax, for transfers, sightseeing and overland.
- All trekking, baggage and camping arrangements, except sleeping bags and personal kit.
- English speaking escort /guide.
- Air travel by economy class.
- Rail travel by air conditioned deluxe train
For all tours
- Detailed itineraries and Prices on request
- Tailor-made tours & treks also available, to fit yourfitness level and time.
- Reception, local tours, and send off arrangements at Delhi on request.
- Add -on tours to Taj Mahal and Rajasthan on request.
Price and more details on request.
Contact us for detailed itinerariess and prices !