| General Information | Jeep Tours | Trekking |
The Pin Parbati Pass Trek : Kulu Valley to Spiti
18 days Trek tour with 11 days trekking upto 5319 M
- Drive from Delhi to Kulu via Nalagarh Fort over 02 days along sutlej and Beas River valleys
- Drive to Manikaran - the trail head for the trek.
- 11 days strenuous trekking across the snow covered Pin Parbati Pass - forests, meadows, waterfalls, wild flowers, quaint villages, cliffs and gorges, and breathtaking views from the watershed between Kulu and Spiti.
- 01 day in Spiti Valley visiting Kaza and Ki Monastery
- 01 day driving through Lahaul Valley
- 01 day exploring Manali
- Fly back from Kulu.
Day 01: Drive from Delhi to Nalagarh in the Himalayan foothills. 05 hrs. Overnight at Nalagarh Fort Heritage Hotel, built in 1420.
Day 02: Drive along scenic sutlej and Beas River valleys to Kulu in 08 hrs. Overnight at hotel
Day 03: Morning free to explore. Afternoon short drive along Parbati Valley to Manikaran. You may visit Hindu and Sikh shrines, and bathe in the hot springs. Overnight in camp.
Day 04: Trek through villages, temples and forests to Pulga. Overnight in camp, 2100 m.
Day 05: Trek through lovely forests and past waterfalls to the Khir Ganga meadow full of wild flowers. Overnight in camp, 2960 m.
Day 06-07: Trek for two days out of the river gorge, to upland meadows with wild flowers, and views of waterfalls to Thakur Khan, for first view of snows around Pin Parbati Pass. Overnights in camp, 3700 m.
Day 08: Trek to Mantalai Lake, just below the snout of the parbati glacier. Walk past shepherd encampments, and grazing meadows. Overnight in camp, 4116 m
Day 09: Trek to 200 meters below Pin Parbati Pass. Breathtaking views of Parbati river emerging from glacier, Pyramid Peak, 6036 m, and snow Peak, 5640 m. steep climb over boulders, and high meadows. Overnight in High Camp, 5100 m.
Day 10: Trek across the Pin Parbati Pass 5319 m, into the Pin Valley just across the pass. Steep ascent, over large boulders, and snow fields to the stark and barren Pin Valley in Spiti. Cross turbulent streams, whilst descending steeply over boulders to the snout of the Pin glacier. Overnight in camp, 4900 m.
Day 11: Continue descent over boulders and scree. For 6-7 hrs. Overnight in camp.
Day 12: Steep descent, to reack the high grazing meadows of Ghurguru, 4200 m, in the Upper Pin Valley, and opposite the lonely village of Mud. Overnight in camp.
Day 13-14: Continue trekking downhill for two days to reach the road head at Gulling, . Overnight in camp, 3500 m.
Day 15: Drive 35 kms to Kaza. Take a detour of 14 kms to visit the Ki Monastery, 4116 m. Continue drive towards Lahaul Valley for 55 kms to Losar - a picturesque village with panoramic views of a dozen peaks above 6000 m. Overnight in camp, 4079 m.
Day 16: Drive 156 Kms in 10 hrs over Kunzum-la 4551 m, through Lahaul Valley, and over Rohtang pass, 3990 m to Manali, 2050 m. Overnight at hotel.
Day 17: Manali. Relax and explore. Overnight at hotel.
Day 18: Transfer to Kulu airport. Fly out to Delhi. Tour ends.
- Stay in first class hotels, and in tents on full board
- Drive in all weather non air conditioned jeeps/cars shared by 3-4 pax, for transfers, sightseeing and overland.
- All trekking, baggage and camping arrangements, except sleeping bags and personal kit.
- English speaking escort /guide.
- Air travel by economy class.